What is the difference between Febset 45 and Spal-pro 2000?
You have a hole in the floor, and you’re not sure which product is the right one? Here is a short breakdown of Febset 45 and Spal-pro 2000 to help you decide:
Febset 45 is a specially formulated repair mortar which provides a repair material for concrete slabs which reaches an adequate strength for trafficking, or other use, at a very early age. The material hardens to give sufficiently high early strength to receive heavy traffic within a period of less than one hour at 15-20°C.
Advantages of Febset 45:
• Minimum delay to traffic and production.
• Ready for use. Only requires the addition of water.
• High bond strength. No secondary bonding agents required.
• Highly durable. Excellent resistance to de-icing salts.
• High freeze / thaw resistance.
• No curing required.
• Can be placed in sub-zero temperatures.
Spal-pro 2000 is a rapid setting, two-component polyuria polymer liquid of 100% solids content. When cured, Spal-pro 2000 is a charcoal gray solid with a hard rubber-like hardness of A-95.
Spal-pro 2000 was developed to fill and protect joints in industrial concrete floors that are subject to hard wheels and heavy loads. Spal-pro can be used in ambient and freezer applications.
Spal-pro 2000 is ideal for the repair of spalled joints, filling random cracks and patching gouges, holes and surface defects etc.
Advantages of Spal-pro 2000
• It is Rapid Setting. You can expose the area to traffic loads within 15 minutes.
• It can be used in coolers and freezers down to minus 29°C and in ambient temperatures up to
49°C, all with equally successful results.
• You get consistent cure and quality in all environments
In short, Spal-pro 2000 is more suitable for filling cracks, opening joints and around rails. For larger holes and doorway floor problems Febset 45 will probably be a more cost effective solution. Proper preparation of the floor area to be repaired is critical to achieve a lasting fix with both these products .
Should you still be unsure, contact Rosie at 021 552 9190 or Angelique at 011 450 1075 to learn more and place your order.