Ammonia accident

As seen on the Internet – “Ammonia accident leads to fine”

Picture Source: Just another reminder that ammonia should be treated with the care it deserves. “AUSTRALIA: A leading cold storage and distribution company has been fined $45,000 (€29,300) with $2,900 (€1,900) costs after a contract worker received serious ammonia gas burns. Rand Transport (1986) Pty Ltd pleaded guilty in Perth Magistrates Court to failing to provide and maintain a safe workplace where contractors were not exposed to hazards. In December 2014, during the construction of a dividing wall within a large cold storage room, Luke Passmore – a contractor for Australian insulation panel company Bondor, was sprayed in the face with ammonia liquid and gas as it was released from a purge valve. As a result he suffered serious chemical burns to his eyes, face and severe internal respiratory damage.” Read the full article HERE Building a new cold store? We have the space saving solution you need! Contact Us: [gravityform id=”10″ title=”true” description=”true”] Read more: HFC vs. CFC Gasses Read more: Do you have a Freon leak? – CALL THE GAS BUSTERS! Read more: “Meat Wholesaler cuts ice and cost with IceDryTM MX2700 dehumidifiers”

As seen on the Internet – “Ammonia accident leads to fine” Read More »